Turning your random thoughts into a blog post is an art. While you learn the art of copywriting from your experience, there are some fundamental principles that you should follow when writing a perfect blog post. Learn what they are:
· Choose a topic that interests you: Search Google for the buzzing trends or look at your established competitors’ website to choose a topic for your next blog post. No matter what industry you are working in, you should remain up-to-date with the latest industry news if you want to get sufficient traffic. You can also write about industry challenges or post a product review if that interests you.
· Develop an interesting headline: Your headline can make or break the moment so it’s important to make it as interesting as possible to capture the reader’s attention immediately. Keep it short but striking. It’s always a good idea to include a relevant keyword in your title as well to optimize it for search engines.
· Write a dramatic opening statement: Start your post with an interesting intro about the topic. Use your personal experience or anecdotes from experts/famous people for storytelling. The art of storytelling is important when copywriting because it makes the content even more engaging.
· Create an outline of your post: Writing a great blog post is not that straightforward. You need to plan the contents beforehand to create an amazing piece of information. An outline is just a rough guide that helps you keep on-track. It helps you maintain the flow of your blog.
· Use headings and sub-headings: Divide your content into headings, sub-headings and bullet points to make it easy to digest. This delivers the message more clearly to readers as compared to huge paragraphs.
· Create interesting content: Make the content of your blog post engaging and conversational. Try to connect people emotionally with your content through the art of storytelling. Use industry statistics and factual data to make your source of information credible.
· Add extra useful material: Provide more value to your readers by offering them extra useful material. Make your plain b/w text interesting by accompanying it with visual aids such as photos and videos. You can also link your blog post externally with the similar content written by top influencers on the Internet to make it even more valuable.
· Ask open ended questions: Leave a room for discussion by asking open-ended questions at the end of your blog post. This will make your readers comment on it and you can have an opportunity to interact with them.
While the style and tone of copywriting varies from person to person, these principles will help you move in the right direction every time you write a blog post.